Saturday 9 June 2012

Jake Bugg - Country Song


Jake Bugg; a new musician on the scene who brings a refreshing genre back from the past; country. I love it, though it sounds like one of those songs that are played in horror films - the old skipping record trick, I think it's in 'Strangers' a lot. But other than that it's an amazing tune.

Bugg has a Bob Dylan quality about his voice; it's not particularly very appealing and is more suited to an acquired taste but it sounds beautiful and young at the same time; it's haunting and could never be suited to anything other than an acoustic guitar. There's nothing I love more than a picked acoustic tune and this is just the perfect tune to prove how powerful something so simple can be. With just a voice and a guitar Bugg creates one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard; definitely my favourite artist of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment