Wednesday 12 June 2013

Smashing Lads


Smashing Lads, a band to have come out of Manchester to put their catchy tuned stamp on the music scene.

I'm very excited about these guys, they have come to me at the best time; when the sun is shining and I'm sat in the garden soaking up the rays. Over the years I've been getting bored of having the same old music on, every summer I'm listening to the same music and never even having to update my iPod's 'Summer Playlist'. Their work seems to be a combination of the Kinks and later Beatles work such as 'Lovely Rita', and 'Middle Manager' 's backing vocal reminds me of Pete Townshend's on 'A Quick One (While He's Away)', it's such a brilliant mix.

I'm so glad to have found a band that I am happy to relax to in the sun, tambourines rocking and acoustic guitars to put the cherry on top of the melting ice cream. I love these guys, and I can't wait to finally update my playlist with their music, already I know when I looked back on summer 2013 the song that will be playing will be 'He's Got The Best Of It', or maybe 'The Good Life'. They're brilliant, and if you get a chance please do check them out on their Soundcloud page:



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic - catchy - The New Beatles maybe? Keep up the great tunes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. smashing lads have a truly authentic northern sound to their tunes.
    "he's got the best of it" should be in the charts giving some of the well known groups a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more. smashing lads have a truly authentic northern sound to their tunes.
    "he's got the best of it" should be in the charts giving some of the well known groups a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete